Monday, November 21, 2011

When Love Hurts...

I am a lover of life. I love so many things my head spins. I am compassionate about people and animals and I accept I am a sensitive, yet strong person put on this earth to help and heal. I knew this at an early age and I know it more and more every day. I spend my days working with the most amazing people. People who hurt, people who have lost, people who have nothing, people who have everything. I love what I do. I am energized and I know this is what I am meant to do.
So when does love hurt?
A recent experience rocked me emotionally and physically and where my love was so intense, the heartache matched it. After a wonderful night out with friends, I was driving home with my husband and best friend. In the corner of my eye was movement in the leaves at the side of the road. I told my husband to stop the car and I got out. To my dismay, a precious fawn was hit by a car and was thrashing about, scared and dying. I called the police crying for someone to come and put this angel out of its misery. No one showed. My husband knew I couldn't leave. I knew I could not either. Kneeling down and using a calm and loving voice, I kept saying, it's okay sweet baby, you are not alone. The baby was so scared and her eyes focused on me staying with her. I was heartbroken. I began to cry quietly and was able to hold her head in my hands until she took her last breath.
I felt tremendous love and was so grateful I could be there for this baby but the effect on me was so profound. I cried so hard my body hurt. I walked in my home with my 3 babies looking at my swollen eyes and I told them, Mommy loves big. Seeing them, made me happy. Seeing them smile, made me know, love is so grand and mostly it's amazing but sometimes, love hurts...and that's okay.
I am willing to love everyday despite the risks. Think about it. It's so worth it!
I love you!
Jordan

3 comments:

  1. Wow... What an expression of love between a fawn and goddess! When you take a moment to connect, magic happens. That is how love shows up! It is the essence of life. May we all have more moments of love in all of life's experiences. Love you Jordan and the wisdom you offer all of us!! xoxo - Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say. You are such a beautiful person. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that must have been intense. You are such a loving person! Thank you for sharing what happened.

    ReplyDelete